Sunday 21 August 2011

YouTube Transcriptions: JeremyJahns' 'Fright Night' Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ08Olce8Ug

“Why do I look like a zombie vampire lovechild who sounds like he’s losing his voice?  Because I have the worst seasonal allergies of any human being I have ever met in my life.  And, yes, it does suck ass.  However, it might be fitting to review a vampire movie, so…let’s do that.

‘Fright Night’.  All right, so as some of you or all of you may know, I am a big fan of vampire movies.  So when I saw the trailer to this movie, I was like, “All right, we’ll see”.  When I saw Colin Farrell as the vampire in this movie, I was like, “He looks like he’ll be good!”  So ‘Fright Night’s’ the story of Anton Yelchin, who lives in the suburbs, next to his new neighbour named ‘Jerry’; played by Colin Farrell.  And Anton Yelchin’s friend - ‘McLovin’s’ - all like:

“I hate to be the one to tell you this, but, that guy, your neighbour”
“- Jerry –”
“Yeah, he’s a vampire”
“That is a terrible vampire name.  Jerry?”

And it doesn’t take long for Anton Yelchin to actually figure out, yeah, ‘Mclovin’s’ right; ‘Jerry’s’ actually a vampire.  And after that, the two are just ????.  Now, as I said, Colin Farrell was really good as a vampire.  And it’s funny about the guy because he was rising in stardom and then he just went on a coke binge and went away.  But now he’s back as ‘Jerry’ the vampire. 

“Hey”

He was just perfect as, like, you know, the good-looking charming vampire neighbour who is just evil.

“Your mum is a kind of, er, neglect.  Gives off a scent…  And your girl…she’s ripe.”

And when it comes to vampire movies, I’m always like, “All right, do they have the rules in place?”  Can they not come into your house unless you invite ’em?  What about crosses, stakes, sunlight?  And this movie is old school vampire law and I like that.  Sunlight burns ’em; stakes would kill ’em; you can’t come into your house unless you invite ’em.  So it was really cool to see all that stuff.  And David Tennant’s in the movie and he pretty much plays the exact character you think he’s gonna play.  When I saw his character I was like, “Oh, he’s gonna be this character now and by the end of the movie he’s gonna be that character”, and that’s exactly what happened.  But doesn’t mean he wasn’t awesome.  He was great; he was like the best part other than ‘Jerry’ the vampire.

“Hey”

‘Fright Night’s’ kinda like if the movie ‘Lost Boys’ had a lovechild with ‘Rear Window’.  That’s pretty much ‘Fright Night’.  So I would say if you’re a vampire fan; you’re looking for a vampire movie that’s just old school vampire law and does vampires justice – ‘Fright Night’, dude.  It’s a good time; no alcohol required.  I would say the only thing bad about the movie is the timing.  It should come out at Halloween, but if it came out at Halloween, it’d get stomped by ‘Paranormal Activity’.  But if it came out in the beginning of summer so it’d be out on Blu-Ray by the time Halloween comes out, it’d get stomped by all the other summer movies.  So it comes out in August – too early for Halloween; too late to come out on Blu-Ray.  By the time Halloween comes out.  Poor ‘Fright Night’.  But it’s a good vampire movie; go see it.  It does vamps justice.  So who was your favourite vampire character of any vampire movie ever?  Comment below; let me know who it is.  And, as always, if you like what you’ve seen here and you wanna see more – or if you think my voice is awesomely raspy and sexy – *clears throat* click right here to see more!”

No comments:

Post a Comment