Wednesday 24 August 2011

YouTube Transcriptions: LGBT It Gets Better Project (Celebrities 2)

Justin Bieber
Justin Bieber: Hey, guys, I'm Justin Bieber. I just wanted to say there's nothing cool about being a bully. And if you're getting bullied, make sure to tell someone, and, you know, it gets better. And if you're a bystander, make sure to step in and, you know, help out.
 


Danny Miller: Hello, my name's Danny Miller, and I play 'Aaron' on 'Emmerdale'. Er, just a quick message, just to say that, for all the people out there that obviously are gay or lesbian or whatever you might be, you're your own person and that's all that should matter. It shouldn't matter what sexuality you have, or, you know, whatever it may be, you are your own person. It gets better today; we can make this happen.



 Jewel
Jewel: Hey, everybody.  I am Jewel, and, er, I wanted to take a minute to talk about the It Gets Better...initiative that's going on out there.  The recent rash of suicides are really, really ta-tragic, because nobody should feel bad about themselves for how they're born... Er...   My gosh, I have so many stories; I don't know even where to begin.  My, er...  I guess I'm kinda like that girl on 'Glee'; my very first crush was my gay best friend.  I kinda fell in love with him because he smelled good and he was a nice dresser, and he was the only guy that was really nice and really kind, and, er...we both kind of had difficult childhoods and I guess we just sort of related to each other, but...as it was, he was gay and it wasn't mean to be for me and him, but...  I remember, er, his story was really amazing because he, er...came out to his parents and his parents kicked him out and they wouldn't talk to him, so he was in tenth grade and he started supporting himself.  And, er, got an apartment and got a job and was working, you know, two jobs and trying to go to high school full time.  And it was really difficult.  I had another friend that said I wa - he wouldn't be friends with me if I kept being friends with my gay friend.  Erm, which of course I chose my gay friend over the other guy.  But...I'm really happy now, like, to live in a society that's starting to get a little bit more accepting, but it's not enough, and there isn't enough progress, but. It breaks my heart to think that anybody would wanna take their own life for how they are. It's totally fine and it's OK and you're beautiful exactly how you are. And  I just don't want you to ever let anybody take your light or take your shine away. For me, the - your greatest burdens are also your greatest gifts. And the things that you have to overcome ended - end up becoming your greatest gift and your greatest asset. All of my gay, lesbian, transgendered friends are some of the kindest, most compassionate people I know because of what they go through on a daily basis. And they usually, too, have the best sense of humour because we all need humour to survive. Erm, and it does get better. I can't even tell you how much it gets better. Erm...it really, really, really does. It's a very temporary thing; er, adolescence. And you can really have any kind of life that you choose, and, er, you get to make those choices. So you just gotta hang on until you can have the freedom to do that. And, er, until then, just be loud and be proud. I love you for it; you should love you for it. It gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment