Saturday 17 September 2011

YouTube Transcriptions: Anne Hathaway ('One Day') Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvptkSv_nig&NR=1

Interviewer: ‘Eminanne’ – that’s what they’re calling you since you did your paparazzi rap.  Did you hear that?

Anne Hathaway: ‘Eminanne’?

Interviewer: ‘Eminanne’, yeah.

Anne Hathaway: Oh, that’s so funny.  I have a different name for myself.

Interviewer: Oh, really?

Anne Hathaway: Yeah.

Interviewer: What is it?

Anne Hathaway: ‘Lady Creamsicle’ (?)

Interviewer: [Laughing] Oh, that’s lovely.  Did you have any other nicknames when you were younger?

Anne Hathaway: Oh…

Interviewer:  Any rude…

Anne Hathaway: Any rude nicknames growing up, no, no.  I didn’t have-have any; they were just very banal like AJ and things like that.

Interviewer: OK.  Pre-teen.

Anne Hathaway: Yeah, I got - I got saucier as I got older.

Interviewer: [Laughing] Oh, that’s another interview entirely.  Erm…for the majority of Emma Morley's twenties, she’s quite directionless and lost and [Anne Hathaway: Mmhm] doesn’t really know what she’s doing, and we were watching you on-screen for most of your twenties, but I just wondered – people probably wouldn’t associate you with being directionless and lost, but I’m just wondering…can you - could you relate to those experiences of ‘Emma’, I guess, when she was younger?

Anne Hathaway: Oh, yeah.  Yeah, of course.  I mean, I just - I feel very lucky because, erm I-I grew up knowing that acting was a possibility.  My mom’s an actor - an actor, and I-I grew up being supported.  You know, my parents didn’t want to be a child actor, but they said, “When you grow up, if you wanna do this, that’s fine”, so I had my dream endorsed.  It took ‘Emma’ a long time to be able to say out loud that she wanted to be a writer and, erm…so we-we differ in that way…but, I mean, you can be dir - have a great career and still feel directionless and still feel lost and still feel intensely vulnerable and have no confidence, an-and I definitely related to that.  I’ve been someone who - I’ve gotten happier as I’ve gotten older.

Interviewer: OK.  Erm, do you - I mean, do you think that - I mean – when-when you met Jim, did you – erm, I heard you had to do this chemistry –

Anne Hathaway: Yeah…

Interviewer: – read, which I think sounds so ruthless –

Anne Hathaway: It’s –

Interviewer: [Laughing] It’s kind of like, “Chemistry, now!”, you know, and it’s –

Anne Hathaway: Well, I’m like…what’s the most sure-fire way to kill chemistry is, like, observe it.

Interviewer: [Laughing] Make yourself conscious about it.

Anne Hathaway: Yeah.

Interviewer: How did you - I mean, did you - how did you kind of just kind of loosen up around each other, I guess? To –

Anne Hathaway: Never, we just –

Interviewer: – Obviously you did something right.

Anne Hathaway: I think - I think both he and I were just like, “Let’s just act”.  “Let’s just act and see what happens and…”  So we did the scenes together and ‘Emma’ and ‘Dexter’ have chemistry, so therefore Jim and I had chemistry, and then we got to know each other as the movie went on.  And it turns out we do have chemistry in real life, but I-I think the chemistry thing gets kind of overblown as like this ‘other’, when it’s really just part of the job.  It’s…it’s like if you’re a writer, you know how to put words together; if you’re an actor, you know how to have chemistry with people.

Interviewer: Yeah.  I’m told our time is ???? up –  

Anne Hathaway: Already?

Interviewer: – but I’m trying to think about, er, ways that I can trick you into talking about ‘The Dark Knight Rises’.

Anne Hathaway: Go on!  Go on, go, go, go.  But you probably shouldn’t tell me that you’re trying to trick me.

Interviewer: Isn’t it terrible what happens to ‘Cat Woman’ at the end?  That was shocking; I read it on an illegal version of the script…this isn’t working, is it?  What can you tell us?  What’s the official line? The endorsed line that you can give us about ‘Dark Knight Rises’.

Anne Hathaway: Chris will - Chris will have my head if I say anything to you specific. 

Interviewer: Are you –

Anne Hathaway: It’s gonna be good.

Interviewer: Are you in training at the moment for it?

Anne Hathaway: Erm, you know, I don’t go back to set for a couple of weeks, so I’ve given myself a three day absence, and last night I had this thing called Tipsy Cake and, oh my God, it was so good.  It was like bread and custard and alcohol and it was like…hot and I just loved it.  So, at the moment – this exact moment – no.  But I really do need to get back –

Interviewer: Could you – could you kick my butt right now?

Anne Hathaway: I could kick your ass right now.  I won’t, I won’t…but, erm –

Interviewer: [Laughing] I’d like to see that.

Anne Hathaway: No, can I tell you?  I’ve gotten into almost three fights while the movie’s been going on; I think my testosterone levels have been going through the roof.  But like, I’ve been in bars and a guy’s been misbehaving and I’m like, “I can settle this”. 

Interviewer: Wow.

Anne Hathaway: It hasn’t happened yet, so –

Interviewer: We’re gonna - we’re gonna need a new nickname for ya –

Anne Hathaway: ‘Bad Ass’!  ‘Bad Ass Hathaway’.

Interviewer: That’s it.

Anne Hathaway: Thank you very –

-----------------

(http://www.broadsheet.ie/2011/08/18/so-youve-seen-anne-hathaway-rap/ - A link to a video of the awesome Anne Hathaway's rap.)

No comments:

Post a Comment