Saturday 17 September 2011

YouTube Transcriptions: JeremyJahns' 'Warrior' Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHKj0dEXHn8&feature=relmfu

"Dead tired, but you know what?  I gotta do this review right now.

Warrior’: All right, now I’ve heard about ‘Warrior’ for quite some time.  People are calling this like the ‘Rocky’ of 2011, so I was really interested to see it, ’cause we all love an underdog story and it’s directed by the guy who directed ‘Miracle’, so I was there!  So the first thing you see in ‘Warrior’ is Tom Hardy and Nick Nolte and you can tell there’s some history there.  Nick Nolte is Tom Hardy’s father and he’s sober now, but you can tell back in the day he was like a really s***** alcoholic abusive dad.  And then there’s Tom Hardy’s brother, the main character of the movie – you know, the good guy.  I call him the good guy because Tom Hardy, he has a complicated past, but all-in-all…he’s kind of a d***.  But the main character – the hero of the movie – is the guy who actually played ‘Owen Lars’ in ‘Attack of the Clones’.  And he’s a high school teacher; he’s really down on his luck; the bank’s about to take his house.  And so he’s like, “I used to MMA fight, I need to MMA fight again”.  And then there’s big event – it’s like the Superbowl of MMA – so he’s like “I’m gonna work towards that; it’s like a five million dollar cash prize”.  Who couldn’t use that?  Especially when the bank’s about to take your house.  Only thing, his brother, Tom Hardy, he’s also entering that competition.  And you can tell, Tom Hardy, he has a grudge; he is damaged; he wants to hurt some people.  Now this movie’s really well-acted and really well-written.  Like, all of the performances are awesome.  Tom Hardy was really good – you remember when Tom Hardy was like built like me when he was Picard’s clone in ‘Star Trek: Nemesis’?  But it’s really interesting ’cause you remember ‘Inception’ – he was the funny guy; you’re know, you’re like, “Oh, I like that guy; he’s great”.  In this movie, dude, he is a machine.  He doesn’t like people; he doesn’t wanna talk to people; he just wants to punch people and watch them drop, and he does just that.  Some of these fights he gets in, dude, you’re like, “That was so gratifying, I’m actually laughing right now”.  Yeah, it’s like those kinda knock-outs.  Wonderful to watch.  And Nick Nolte was really good in the movie – every character in this movie where you’re like, “Dude, I sympathize with you”, he also has that moment where you’re like, “Dude, you’re a d***”.  And every d*** in the movie, you’re like, “Aw, man, that was brutal, why’d you have to show me that?  I feel bad for you now” – except for the main guy; he’s a good guy all around.  You don’t hate ‘Rocky’ in ‘Rocky’; he’s just good.  Other people, though, complicated people.  And all-in-all, this movie did the MMA fights really well.  Sometimes when someone wins, dude, you wanna jump up out of the auditorium chair; you’re like, “Fuck yeah!”  Other times, it’s like the first fight in ‘Gladiator’ where it’s like really close; camera’s shaking everywhere; you’re like, “I don’t know what’s happenin’; people are getting’ hurt though”.  And I’m gonna level with you guys – by the end of this movie, you’re like, “Aw…aw, man, tears – stop!”  Yeah, you wanna cry.  It’s just the way it is.  Everyone’s been ranting and raving about this movie and I was like, “All right, even if I love this movie, I’m gonna give it one notch down”, just because like everyone’s gonna just be like “Aw, ju-just see it; it’s the Oscar winner of the year”.  I just gotta, you know, fight the system and s***.  But I watched the movie and I was like, “It’s good… Really good actually”.  It’s like if you took the Darren Aronofsky family issues from ‘Wrestler’ and mixed them with the Danny Boyle overcoming obstacles celebration of life kinda thing, you’d have ‘Warrior’.  And any movie where I leave the movie theatre and feel like, “Dude, you know what?  Let’s go conquer some obstacles; let’s go do something – let’s go ice-skate uphill and win!”, that’s something.  So I gotta say, ‘Warrior’ is awesometacular.  It was a good movie: it was good; it had good characters; it was well-acted; well-written; it moved me.  And, yeah, the point of this movie is to overcome obstacles with ‘Owen Lars’ and his whole situation; you know, he is the good guy; you wanna see him succeed, but this movie serves a different purpose, and that is the Bane audition tape.  Yeah, after watching this movie, I was like, “Yes, Batman’s in for a bruising; Tom Hardy’s gonna beat the living s*** out of him; he is hardcore”. So, your favourite underdog story – what is it?  Comment below; let me know.  And, as always, if you like what you’ve seen here and you wanna see more, click right here to see more!  (Official MMA punch right here.)"

No comments:

Post a Comment