Tuesday 6 September 2011

YouTube Transcriptions: JeremyJahns' 'The Debt' Review


"A movie called ‘The Debt’ that’s not about the financial peril of the US government.  That’s…that’s cool.

‘The Debt’: Now, going into this movie, I didn’t know anything about it; it could’ve been about anything.  But ‘The Debt’ starts out with Helen Mirren, Tom Wilkinson, and that guy who played Julius Caesar in ‘Rome’.  It takes place in 1997; you can tell they all know each other and some of ’em have, like, friction between each other.  But there all these war heroes and someone wrote a book and it’s all great…  Then the movie flashes back thirty years prior where they’re looking for this Nazi war criminal.  And it kinda shows how they became these war heroes.  So thirty years prior, Helen Mirren’s played by this really - she’s a hot chick.  I dunno who she is, but she’s hot.  I’ve seen her somewhere before.  Guy Julius Caesar from ‘Rome’ is played by Sam Worthington, and Tom Wilkinson’s played by…some dude.  But I suck with faces; that’s just me.  And you’re watching the movie and you’re like, “All right, it’s interesting enough”.  It’s kinda realist specials ops kinda stuff.  I like that.  Because in realistic special ops like this, things don’t always go according to plan.  And when it turns to s***, you’re now in a s*** situation, and they were in a s*** situation.  Like, you know a movie where people try to pull off a job and now they’re stuck with this prisoner; they don’t know what to do with ’em?  That’s kinda this movie.  And there’s this really cool twist in the movie – I can’t really tell you about it ’cause it will ruin the movie.  But when you see it, you’re like, “Oh, Holy s***, look at that”.  And then you start thinking to yourself what would you do in this kinda situation.  It has this really cool moral dilemma on it, and I like that.  You know, moral relativisms, it’s kinda what keeps this world spinnin’.  I wish the world spun on puppies, rainbows, Christmas and, you know, candy and all that good stuff, but in the end it-it is moral relativism.  Now, I liked the characters in this movie.  Helen Mirren, I-I-I liked her character.  I’ll always – it’s Helen Mirren.  She could play anything and I’d be like, “She’s a great actress and I liked her character; she did a good job as the Green River Killer”.  Sam Worthington’s character’s kinda funny for me because he plays this really stoic, emotionless agent, which is pretty much Sam Worthington in nine tenths of his movies.  All four of ’em, which the math makes sense (somehow, somewhere).  But I can’t tell you much about this movie without ruining it, but in the end I like the characters; I like the acting; I like the premise; I like the moral dilemma in the movie that makes you go, “Dude, what would I do in that situation?”  I will say it’s a good time; no alcohol required.  The movie kinda felt like ‘Munich’, but, you know, one tenth the length, ’cause ‘Munich’ felt looong.  This movie’s a two hour Drama and as a two hour Drama, I would watch it again for the sake of being like, “Hey, friend of mine, watch this movie; I’ll watch it with you”.  I would be down for watching this movie again, for sure.  But I don’t know that I’d be sitting on my couch alone being like, “You know what?  I’m gonna grab myself a cold one; I’m gonna watch ‘The Debt’.  Alone”.  But it’s worth watching; you’ll walk outta the movie going, “You know what?  It was well done; it was good”.  So even though it’s still summer, it’s September now, so I feel like this is a fall movie and it looks like the fall movies are gonna surprise me.  For the most part.  And the podcast I did with the Schmoes from Schmoesknow in which they interview me is up now.  I put the links below; go check ’em out.  It’s a podcast in which they interview me about me; you know, how I got into YouTube.  All that good stuff.  It’s like a Jeremy behind the scenes kinda thing.  So it’s good to listen to if you’re like cleaning your house; driving; staring at your computer doing nothing really.  In any case, if you like what you’ve seen here and you wanna see more, click right here to see more!"

No comments:

Post a Comment